MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, the delete message function isn't working?
Hi I'm stuck with installing this plugin.. I've done everything right and need help. i keep getting this

https://gyazo.com/d274d477f0b412f5ad1a056c94118fe3

Any ideas why?
(2015-12-10, 11:28 PM)Portrawr Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I'm stuck with installing this plugin.. I've done everything right and need help. i keep getting this

https://gyazo.com/d274d477f0b412f5ad1a056c94118fe3

Any ideas why?

Do you have PHP version 5.4 or better? If no then you can´t install it.
hi new to mybb

installing this shout box im having trouble with

ive installed into upload in file manager on cpanel and extracted files all show up
ive put c.ss in global
ive put {$dvz_shoutbox} to my index template

but when i go to install the plugin in the ACP the shout box plugin is nowhere to be seen

its all still in the ftp but nothing in the acp

any help would be appreciated

thanks
Hi, how can i change the text length, it is so small and don´t want to write twice for one sentence.
Hello! Thanks for the great plugin!  Smile
I have problem, I have shoutbox installed but I cannot write.
If you want to either place the shoutbox (at the top) on All pages, or just Index and Forumdisplay pages here's what you need to know :

If you want it on all pages, make sure you edit the /inc/plugins/dvz_shoutbox.php file, find the line:
$plugins->add_hook('global_start', ['dvz_shoutbox', 'global_start']); 
and add after it:
$plugins->add_hook('global_end', ['dvz_shoutbox', 'load_window']);
Then just add the {$dvz_shoutbox} entry to your header template.
(a previous poster in this thread had a problem with this but I think it was due to where the entry was placed in relationship to other entries in this plugins hooks)

If you want it to appear on just the Index and the forumdisplay (the pages where the list of forums are mentioned not where posts are viewed) then you will need to follow the plugins initial instructions to handle the index, but for adding to Forumdisplay you'll need to edit the /inc/plugins/dvz_shoutbox.php file, find the same line as mentioned in the above for all pages and instead add the following line below it:
$plugins->add_hook('forumdisplay_start', ['dvz_shoutbox', 'load_window']);

You can now add that {$dvz_shoutbox} entry into the forumdisplay template.

I hope that saves some time for some of you (considering it took a little while to debug)
(2016-01-06, 12:26 PM)stryderunknown Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to either place the shoutbox (at the top) on All pages, or just Index and Forumdisplay pages here's what you need to know :

If you want it on all pages, make sure you edit the /inc/plugins/dvz_shoutbox.php file, find the line:
$plugins->add_hook('global_start', ['dvz_shoutbox', 'global_start']); 
and add after it:
$plugins->add_hook('global_end', ['dvz_shoutbox', 'load_window']);
Then just add the {$dvz_shoutbox} entry to your header template.
(a previous poster in this thread had a problem with this but I think it was due to where the entry was placed in relationship to other entries in this plugins hooks)

If you want it to appear on just the Index and the forumdisplay (the pages where the list of forums are mentioned not where posts are viewed) then you will need to follow the plugins initial instructions to handle the index, but for adding to Forumdisplay you'll need to edit the /inc/plugins/dvz_shoutbox.php file, find the same line as mentioned in the above for all pages and instead add the following line below it:
$plugins->add_hook('forumdisplay_start', ['dvz_shoutbox', 'load_window']);

You can now add that {$dvz_shoutbox} entry into the forumdisplay template.

I hope that saves some time for some of you (considering it took a little while to debug)

Thank you, is there any way how to show DVZ shoutbox only in the specific forum page? Thank you!
This shoutbox is really good only thing is the delay on shouts . It's a bit laggy/delay on every shout.

There is no way to reduce the lag/delay ?