MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Banning account username isnt actually prevent banned users from chatting for me. Any help?
I created a new page with the pagemanager plugin. But when i add the 

{$dvz_shoutbox}
variable to the page content.....the shoutbox does not work.

the page
http://python-forum.io/misc.php?page=chatbox
yes, the hook is missing, you have to edit php file of the plugin a little bit
Is the Ban function not working for everyone or is it just me?
There is a way to make the shoutbox not make all my forum larger? It's losing the "default" width size, getting all the screen size.

Also, should it be like this? https://gyazo.com/a31705df25ce4a12354950eae86851d2

Or it should get my style like this? https://gyazo.com/d392f5df879263b6d8ed0adedfd71d6b

Thank you
Quote:yes, the hook is missing, you have to edit php file of the plugin a little bit
In what way?

Quote:Is the Ban function not working for everyone or is it just me?
I havent tried to ban someone from the chat yet. I would just move them to a locked account whihc is not on the groups allowed use the chat.
Hello, after changing my hosting to a new one, I now get this error when dvz_shoutbox.php is placed in ../inc/plugins directory:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/.../.../.../public_html/forum/inc/plugins/dvz_shoutbox.php on line 5

The server has correct PHP version installed and everything was working correctly on my previous hosting. Any ideas? Thanks!
(2016-10-13, 10:53 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Is the Ban function not working for everyone or is it just me?
I havent tried to ban someone from the chat yet. I would just move them to a locked account whihc is not on the groups allowed use the chat.

Did you make your 'locked' account a custom account group? because I can't find this option.
Quote:Did you make your 'locked' account a custom account group?
Yes i did. I have a (custom) locked user group i added for "bad" users. But i meant if a user says/does something on the forum out of place, or on the chat box, then i would just lock their account for awhile as punishment. And the shoutbox allows to disallow user groups by not having them selected. So at that point the user cant post on the forums and on the shoutbox.

(2016-10-13, 02:20 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]yes, the hook is missing, you have to edit php file of the plugin a little bit

Can you explain this process? I am not sure how exactly?
I haven't read all the posts, so I don't know if you already know or not about this.
In the case you don't, please consider to check the language file.
The trailing slash \ that should escape the ' is causing an issue, and set the chat to a bad behaviour.
You can notice this by looking at the right side of the chat messages: if you are the admin you should have a "E" and a "X" to edit or delete a message, but you don't have them.
Try it by yourself Smile

Thanks