MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it working for 1.8.9 version ?
(2017-02-17, 11:12 PM)Tutti Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-16, 06:02 PM)Tutti Wrote: [ -> ]How do I add "" quotations to this @NAME like @"NAME" ?
Thank you!

Sorry to bump this new reply but It's kind of annoying when they have special characters/spaces & when I click their avatar, it doesn't have the quotation marks "NAME" for the tag to show or work.
Sad
Are you using a plugin to process these mentions (which one)? Can you give some examples of of such usernames (you can PM me if you prefer)?
DVZ Shoutbox should insert suitable quotes around usernames containing special characters (compatible with DVZ Mentions), so make sure the board contains files from the plugin's latest package.

(2017-02-21, 12:11 PM)Moly Wrote: [ -> ]Is it working for 1.8.9 version ?
Yes, but you should always upgrade MyBB to the latest version (currently 1.8.10).
(2017-02-21, 02:31 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using a plugin to process these mentions (which one)? Can you give some examples of of such usernames (you can PM me if you prefer)?
DVZ Shoutbox should insert suitable quotes around usernames containing special characters (compatible with DVZ Mentions), so make sure the board contains files from the plugin's latest package.

Thank you for your reply, I kind of solved the issue.
But the problem this time is users keeps on spamming a tag (Spam clicking the avatar)
Is there any way to prevent this? I tried different codes from the net, disabling double clicks and such but no luck.
Thanks for helping.
(2017-02-22, 02:59 AM)Tutti Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-21, 02:31 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using a plugin to process these mentions (which one)? Can you give some examples of of such usernames (you can PM me if you prefer)?

Thank you for your reply, I kind of solved the issue.
But the problem this time is users keeps on spamming a tag (Spam clicking the avatar)
Is there any way to prevent this? I tried different codes from the net, disabling double clicks and such but no luck.
Thanks for helping.

You can disable this feature by removing this fragment from jscripts/dvz_shoutbox.js:
$(document).on('click', '#shoutbox .entry .avatar', function() {
    dvz_shoutbox.call( $(this).parents('.entry').attr('data-username') );
    return false;
});
(2017-02-22, 03:18 AM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]You can disable this feature by removing this fragment from jscripts/dvz_shoutbox.js:
$(document).on('click', '#shoutbox .entry .avatar', function() {
    dvz_shoutbox.call( $(this).parents('.entry').attr('data-username') );
    return false;
});

This code fully disabled the user tagging in 1 click, my goal is to avoid users from spamming BUT, you led me to the right code to modify :

$(document).on('dblclick', '#shoutbox .entry .avatar', function() {
    alert("Spamming user tags is not allowed.\nMessage cleared.");
	$('#dvz_input').val('');
    return false;
});

The above code is straight forward, dblclicking on the avatar sends them the message and clears the supposedly spam input. HOWEVER, they can still spam the tag slowly. Now, my goal is to set a timer for this to happen.
Thanks a lot for a quick response & being helpful! Really appreciated
@Devilshakerz - can you please implement report post feature? I had to switch off shoutbox on my board - a lot of spam posts, difficult to track without reporting by users
@Devilshakerz
I wanted to change shoutbox's settings, to guests can post shouts, but
unfortunately in ACP there is no such option. Here's screenshot:
https://community.mybb.com/attachment.php?aid=38458

I selected all groups, but still guests cannot shouts.

"User groups that can post shouts in Shoutbox (logged in users only)."

Is there any way to allow guests to posts shouts?

Thanx in advance Smile

P.S.
Sorry for my English
@Devilshakerz

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /membri/***/inc/plugins/dvz_shoutbox.php on line 5
(2017-02-26, 10:36 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]@Devilshakerz - can you please implement report post feature? I had to switch off shoutbox on my board - a lot of spam posts, difficult to track without reporting by users

If you mean the same feature that Inferno Shoutbox has: Adding a note in chat that someone posted something, then I would like to second that feature request Smile
Hi, can I add this to more pages?

Currently I have it on the index page, however I have a custom page that I created using the following guide: https://coderwall.com/p/jnw-pg/mybb-custom-pages

I would like to add the shoutbox to that page so that it is a dedicated page for chat.

When I insert the {$dvz_shoutbox} variable into my custom template, nothing happens. It seems to only work if it is in the index template.

(2017-02-16, 01:24 AM)TTGSnow Wrote: [ -> ]Having issues with this happening:

http://projectjasper.com/shoutbox.php

Wondering what the solution could be.

Hello, how did you get the shoutbox to be on a seperate page?