MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hopefully my web hoster is going to upgrade the hosting soon into the newest version otherwise the shoutbox wont work on my website.... Sad
Are you going to develop this into a really fast and not so server-intensive chat ?
What should i change from the piece of code if i want or allow every visitor to shout instead of just logged in users from shouting?
Why didn't you write the plugin for php 5.3?
Hi I really need help with this.

I installed the dvz shoutbox and i placed it towards the bottom of my index page but the shoutbox doesnt appear the same as you intended to be. I was hoping you could shed some light on this.

[Image: dvzshoutbox.png]
You must add CSS...
Shout Box appears to be working but how do you add a Smilie to the shout?
Hmm... You made me check my website. The shoutbox is not parsing smileys either, despite the setting being set to true. Maybe this is a bug?
(2014-10-02, 06:27 AM)hjertelandetdk Wrote: [ -> ]Are you going to develop this into a really fast and not so server-intensive chat ?
The overall speed depends on the server's load at the given moment. You can adjust the interval period, permissions for viewing and refreshing and lazy load which can help save the resources - after that it's down to how the server handles the AJAX requests the Shoutbox is making.

(2014-10-02, 06:06 PM)aroshkhan Wrote: [ -> ]What should i change from the piece of code if i want or allow every visitor to shout instead of just logged in users from shouting?
That would require some heavy modifications as it would be hard to track the guests (manage the antiflood control and permissions).

(2014-10-02, 06:14 PM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]Why didn't you write the plugin for php 5.3?
PHP 5.3 has reached its End Of Life. Server administrators and hosting providers are strongly recommended to upgrade it to the latest version.

(2014-10-03, 03:39 PM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm... You made me check my website. The shoutbox is not parsing smileys either, despite the setting being set to true. Maybe this is a bug?
Smilies are working on pure MyBB 1.8 installations. You can try different browsers or servers.
I have put the CSS into global.css but it still does this, please help!
[Image: bcd63bbe0b.jpg]