MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: myAlerts Question/Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My apologies if this is already included in the myAlerts plugin, but I wanted to ask and/or suggest if it wasn't.

Is it possible to have an alert deleted if the post or thread that triggered the alert is deleted? For example, I have a maintenance thread on my board where members can post their maintenance requests. I'm subscribed to the thread, so I get an alert for each new reply. However, frequently another staff member will respond to the maintenance request before I have logged on and will delete the post that goes with it. This means that I have a an alert leading to a post that doesn't exist.

I know that in the Moderation Alert Pack, it alerts you when a thread has been deleted, but this is something different. If I've been alerted to a post and that post was subsequently deleted, I would like to have the alert automatically deleted (it doesn't serve any purpose at that point).

Is this something that is already implemented or could be reasonably implemented with the existing code for myAlerts?
It's not currently implemented, but it does make sense to do so. I'll have to look at the hooks and see what I can do. Thanks for the suggestion!
No problem! Glad to see that others can find it useful as well.