MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the default email from
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just noticed that when I get an email from the forum in the from field it says me - can I and where would I change that so it says name of forum? I tried looking in the Admin panel and did see a setting
the from feild is filled in with your email you provide during setup as far as I can tell. If you want to change it,

Admin CP > Board Settings > Change > General Configuration > Admin Email

should do the trick
hmmmm I have that set as my email address - the email from the forum is stating it is from me --- as in the from field says me - than the subject(which is fine)
Ummm, what email service are you using? Is this email being sent to the admin email address? If so could it be that the email provider is telling you that you are sending an email to yourself.
wolfden Wrote:hmmmm I have that set as my email address - the email from the forum is stating it is from me --- as in the from field says me - than the subject(which is fine)

wolfden, if you have used the same outgoing email address with the email address you use on your board, whenever YOU send an email to YOURSELF, you will get that message. Oh yeah, if you use gmail you will get the message "From: me" if you sent the email out to yourself.
Yup using gmail - all makes sense!

Thanks for clearing that up