MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin & Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Issue: Recently we had an attack on our forums, which a user managed to get inside the FTP and delete every thing. We have got the majority of the forums back. Using a backup of the folders and phpadmin.

I tried to do a full restore but some parts of the database had disappeared on phpmyadmin. We are now using an older restore. This brings me to the major issue at this moment.

I currently can't login to either upgrade mybb or admin CP. I tried to do all the fixes it says in the cookie thread, but I don't think this is the issue any more. Has any one got any other suggestions?
It certainly seems like the paths are incorrect, which would leave me to believe that the cookie settings are wrong. Can you share your cookie settings here?
It's set as ..

var cookieDomain = ".forums.thecubeserver.org/";
var cookiePath = "/";
var cookiePrefix = "";

I have also tried.

var cookieDomain = ".thecubeserver.org/";
var cookiePath = "forums";
var cookiePrefix = "";
You don't need a / in the cookie domain, but you do in the path. Use these:

Domain: .thecubeserver.org
Path: /forums/
$settings['cookiedomain'] = “.thecubeserver.org”;
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forums/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

I have it set to this now. Still not luck. It shows the first page, but then the login screen comes up again.
You must clear your browser cookies after changing cookies settings else you will cant login properly.
(2014-07-18, 03:29 PM)avril Wrote: [ -> ]You must clear your browser cookies after changing cookies settings or else you will have exacly this issue.

Yeah I did this any other ideas? Maybe a permissions issue? Or database?

With one of my backups I there is no message it just doesn't log in.

On my other backup it lets me get to the first page.

http://forums.thecubeserver.org/admin/index.php
(2014-07-18, 02:59 PM)Cube Prime Wrote: [ -> ]$settings['cookiedomain'] = “.thecubeserver.org”;
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forums/";

I have it set to this now. Still not luck. It shows the first page, but then the login screen comes up again.

try this:
$settings['cookiedomain'] = “.thecubeserver.org”;
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";

You probably want to use a cookie prefix, though.
Ok, it's not cookies. Every time I load up the old User database using adminphp I can't access admincp as the login doesn't work. No errors on the login tho. Only when I use incorrect passwords.

I also get these errors.

"The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array - Line: 273 - File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums\inc\class_session.php PHP 5.3.28 (WINNT)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums\inc\class_session.php 273 array_merge
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums\inc\class_session.php 50 session->load_user
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums\global.php 55 session->init
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums\index.php 18 require_once
"