MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ClanBB Alpha V1 Feature Suggestions [Contribute To The Feature]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello,

I am in development of almost releasing an Alpha version of ClanBB I am writing this software for Mybb so in this thread I hope to explain the list of features that are currently confirmed for the Alpha Release. I am not sure if I will also release our first stable release Free or paid but that's still a few months away.

I have decided not to add JQuery much to make it more basic and less work.
but I may add this functionality in the future if requested enough.

ClanBB is similar to the Facebook group feature but will be optimized more for forums, Still deciding also if I should link it with the forums template system or use a standlone but once again if requested enough we will do what you all ask Wink

List Of Confirmed Features

Ability to post and comment on different groups
Clan Admins can customize there clans to there needs! (add a background or change background color) - FEATURE LIMITED FOR ALPHA
Great Permission Features
Open - Anyone Can Post Even if there not a clan member
Closed - Clan Membership required to post on clan
Locked - Only Clan Staff/Site Administration can post on the clan

IP or User Banning

Add Staff
______
Clan owners can add admins to there clan! (Admins cannot delete the clan owner)

Post Normal Text Or Photo Discussions to Clans!

Vanity URLS (clans can be accessed at exampledomain.com/clanurl

These are a quick list of confirmed features for the Alpha V1 release and please suggest below and let's make ClanBB something great!

Looking forward to all your suggestions!

We need your suggestions
I wish you the best of luck with your plugin, but make sure you aren't borrowing lots of code from my Social Groups plugin since it is similar.
No Worries Wink

My source will be completely written from the ground up and the plugin will be more similar to the facebook group feature but also built for forums.

Be allowing users to test out the feature on my site first as they will check how stable it is for an Alpha version.
I will try my best to get a live test version up tomorrow that you can all test out.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ALPHA SO EXPECT BUGS, JUST REPORT THEM TO ME AND I FIND A PATCH ASAP FOR ALPHA V2.

Making sure we can get the best possible release and this is my first time writing A software this big Wink

Shouldn't be too long
A alpha version will be available on a server for testing tomorrow

Of course you can try it on the official site
http://spudgaming.com/create_clan.php
(Join only if you love gaming please)
After some testing the feature won't work in every forum theme and it be hard to change every file to make it work for every theme.

I am just wondering would it be a big deal not to link it with the forums design I have other ideas anyway.

I can but it might be very buggy on some themes and it be no point testing it in every theme.
If it fits with the default theme it should fit with any other. I think.
I thought so myself but other themes seem to have different issues :/
I fixed it something in the clan.css is conflicting guess I find a patch and change the # operators.

I will have a demo version up today and the open source copy but you must buy it for a low price of $2. I am trying to start a web software company and this is a good opportunity as always for the alpha and beta versions the prices will not be that high and affordable for anyone as I am trying my best to make the best Free and premium Mybb plugins and software.
It is a combination of xRoster and Social Groups. You could do something toward the competitive community.
A new innovation would be the combination of the xRoster + MyLeagues + Social Groups.
I will be adding new features when I get time to add more features whenever i'm not busy with my forums. But this is something I be try to take a look at

Thanks for your suggestion Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5