MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't change the Group Order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So im having this issue
i made new groups but i cant change their "Order" , Iam able to change them for the old groups but not for the new one
i think that i can change the order for the groups that got Moderators premissions only , idk why
I think you can only change the order of a group if it has users in it. I might be mistaken though. You could technically do this in PHPMyAdmin if you are comfortable using that then updating the usergroup cache.
(2014-07-20, 09:30 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I think you can only change the order of a group if it has users in it. I might be mistaken though. You could technically do this in PHPMyAdmin if you are comfortable using that then updating the usergroup cache.
I Don't think so as the new groups had members
where can i find phpmyadmin?
PHPMyAdmin can be found in your hosting panel. It isn't part of MyBB.
I Did try it and it worked but there still an issue
Chief Community Advisor [11]
Senior Community Advisor [12]
Community Advisor [13]
Community Helper [14]

That's what displayed in the admin CP and what i want but!
When the users Go to http://nc-gaming.gegahost.net/usercp.php...usergroups
it didnt appear the same as the above , it appeared like dis
Chief Community Advisor A group leader is required to moderate joins to this group.
Join Group
Community Advisor A group leader is required to moderate joins to this group.
Join Group
Community Helper A group leader is required to moderate joins to this group.
Join Group
Senior Communiy Advisor A group leader is required to moderate joins to this group.
Join Group
ACP->Tools->Cache Manager. Rebuild the usergroup cache.
After looking through usercp.php, it appears that it is hard coded to sort by title. If you want to fix this look for this in usercp.php:

$query = $db->simple_select("usergroups", "*", "(type='3' OR type='4') AND gid NOT IN ($existinggroups)", array('order_by' => 'title'));

Replace with:
$query = $db->simple_select("usergroups", "*", "(type='3' OR type='4') AND gid NOT IN ($existinggroups)", array('order_by' => 'disporder'));
Works Perfectly , Thank you

Solved