MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make an AJAX Forum search, just like the Username search?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Does anyone know how to make a Forum Search bar, to function exactly like the AJAX Username search, but to show results for forums & categories instead?

So basically anyone can search your forums/categories, instead of going through the forum by scrolling down.

Like the image below, but for Forums/Categories instead of Usernames:

[Image: fyzbwn.png]

When you click on a dropdown result of a forum/category, it should bring you to the required fid link.

Could someone point me in the right direction?
You need a plugin for this. However, read "super search feature" - a topic made as a suggestion for MyBB 2.0, in order to see disadvantages of this method. Anyway... you can post a request in this section.

//L.E. : Oh, I saw now that you already post there... My bad... I'm also interested to understand how can be made so... I will follow this thread.
(2014-07-21, 02:33 AM)Flavius Popa Wrote: [ -> ]
You need a plugin for this. However, read "super search feature" - a topic made as a suggestion for MyBB 2.0, in order to see disadvantages of this method. Anyway... you can post a request in this section.

I have requested plugins in that section of the forum dozens of times, and no one is interested. They either want $1,000 in exchange for a few lines of code, or they will not do it, because they don't care about anything except loads of money. Which is why I am trying to learn PHP myself.

I actually posted in that thread you have above, but I wasn't requesting to search posts, but just forums/categories, which according to the last post in the thread, are already stored in the cache.
(2014-07-21, 02:35 AM)Greg Winston Wrote: [ -> ]I have requested plugins in that section of the forum dozens of times, and no one is interested. They either want $1,000 in exchange for a few lines of code, or they will not do it, because they don't care about anything except loads of money.
Hmmm... Sad OK. Then I should try to make my own plugin. Very well. I'll do it. When will be done, I will post it here.
(2014-07-21, 02:40 AM)Flavius Popa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-21, 02:35 AM)Greg Winston Wrote: [ -> ]I have requested plugins in that section of the forum dozens of times, and no one is interested. They either want $1,000 in exchange for a few lines of code, or they will not do it, because they don't care about anything except loads of money.
Hmmm... Sad OK. Then I should try to make my own plugin. Very well. I'll do it. When will be done, I will post it here.

Ok. I always offer money for plugins or core file modifications, but 95% of the time they still don't respond. I don't know what they want. Wait, I do know, thousands of dollars for 1 hour work.
This is ridiculous. Don't worry. As you may guess, I'm a fan of FREE things. And I said: I'll do it as soon as I can (probably after 12 hours - when I come back home). Of course... will be FREE. See you soon.