MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make a Terms of Service link?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know how to make a Terms of Service link like on this website? http://harajuju.net/misc.php?action=help&hid=13
The terms of service page is just a help document. If you mean, where can you get a terms of service document, I think you can use a free one from Google as long as it gets the message across (you aren't responsible for the members of your forum etc).
Judging by the title, I think he literally means a link, such as example.tld/tos.htm, which can easily be done by creating an announcement. In some cases, if you have a website and your forum isn't in the root folder (typically /public_html/ on Linux servers), then you should be able to create one that your site can use and your forum can link to it by inserting a link to the page using the templates. Depending on where you want it (header, topnav and/or footer), will depend on where you put the link. We'll need a bit more information, specifically if you want it as an announcement or as a file and where you want the link to be located so we can guide you on where you specifically need to look.
Sorry for being so vague, but I would like to make a TOS page exactly like: misc.php?action=help&hid=13

Is it a help document? How would I do this in MyBB?
If you want to make it like the help page you linked, you can do this in the Admin CP.
Admin CP -> Configuration -> Help Documents

I recommend adding a new section call "Legal" incase you have other legal-based documentation you wish to add.
Admin CP -> Configuration -> Help Documents -> Add New Section

Then, once the new section is added, you can add a new help document. You can then call this "Terms of Service", add the content, and place it under "Legal" if you chose to create a new section for all the legal-type documents.
Admin CP -> Configuration -> Help Documents -> Add New Help Document

Once the Terms of Service document has been created, you can get the link by checking your help document page on the forum. (/misc.php?action=help)
Forum -> Help
And find "Terms of Service" or whatever you may have called it when you created the help document and copy the link (in Chrome, right-click on the link and left-click copy link address, otherwise you can visit the page and grab it from the address bar).