MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Organic traffic question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
URL: https://www.youthdebate.co.uk/forums

I have a pretty decent forum starting up, but it's all traffic I've received from ads etc. I use Google analytics and my organic traffic is extremely low. And I mean, it makes up less than 1% of total visitors. Maybe 15 per day. When I try searching for my site in Google I can get the homepage and other main pages, and the forum index, but it's impossible to find threads - even if I type the domain name and the entire thread title. Google simply won't find it. My site has been up quite a while now, and I have a sitemap in the root folder. Note that myBB isn't installed in the root but rather in a directory. The main website is a Wordpress install.

Does anyone have any pointers where I'm going wrong? Or does Google simply need more time? It's been about a month, just over.

Thanks guys Smile
Maybe you should check wether you have a robots.txt or it could be that google hasn't indexed the whole content or you are doing something wrong or you were penalised by google for copying articles if you did those could be the possible reasons my best bet would be the index good luck
Thanks for the reply. When you say your best bed would be the index, do you mean Google just hasn't gotten around to indexing everything yet, or something I should do?
Your best bet would be to sign up for the Google and Bing Webmaster Tools at www.google.com/webmasters and www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster .

From there you can look at your index stats, keywords, search traffic and submit your sitemap. You can also tweak things like URL parameters, etc.