MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installed Twice And Keep Getting Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed Mybb and completely redesigned it only to get a huge amount of errors on the top of the page. After frustration I completely deleted the site after all the work and reinstalled it only to get the same error messages without even messing with anything. I get the errors on top of the site and In the admin panel.. please help.

example of one line: Warning [2] require_once(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. - Line: 45 - File: inc/init.php PHP 5.4.29 (Linux)

[Image: WTF.png]
Hi,

This sounds like you have APC running on your system (Caching system). This is an error out of APC.
You will need to fix your APC configuration and this should see mybb working correctly.

See the details on how to fix this here
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-unix-...-for-pool/

Alternatively the only other thing is that your PHP.ini memory settings are too low but it is more likely APC

alternatively you could disable APC to get up and running and fix APC at a later date
Thank you for the response. Do you know where I can find these files to edit them in the Mybb files on my hosting?
(2014-07-22, 04:32 PM)Erik24 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the response. Do you know where I can find these files to edit them in the Mybb files on my hosting?

Hi,

These are not mybb files. The issue you are having has nothing to do with mybb.

This issue is a problem with your server configuration and you will need to fix them at a server level, most likely via SSH.

If you are unsure how to do this and your hosting package comes with support then I would log a ticket with them, which contains the screenshot you provided and the link I provided and they should be able to help.

If it is a VPS and you do not have support with this, then try following the guide in the link I provided it should be fairly straight forward.

If you don't know the location of the files in question you can use the linux command find as follows

find / -name 'filename'

(replace filename with the actual name of the file)

If you are unfamiliar with the CLi then this is a good opportunity to learn. I personally prefer Nano of vi and nano will probably be easier for you to use than vi which requires a bit more pre-knowledge
Thank you, I tried to explain this to the Godaddy people with little help. Guess I just stuck.
(2014-07-22, 04:48 PM)Erik24 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, I tried to explain this to the Godaddy people with little help. Guess I just stuck.

is this godaddy VPS?
No shared hosting, thing is I'm not going over any of my limits of usage.
Interesting sounds like their APC caching system is misconfigured.

under cpanel do you have access to APC or anything regarding caching? You should be able to turn it off via there
You're a life saver!! Just had to go in my Godaddy Cpanel and click 'Select PHP Version' and uncheck ACP. Problem solved.. so far lol. Thanks a bunch!
You are most certainly welcome