MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to do soemthing like this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I Was wondering how to do like this
when you move the mouse toward a name his usergroup appears something like this
[Image: 2n1fhif.png]
You would add a title attribute to the username style under Edit Group. For example,

<span style="color:green;" title="General Administrator">{username}</span>
(2014-07-22, 03:38 PM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]You would add a title attribute to the username style under Edit Group. For example,

<span style="color:green;" title="General Administrator">{username}</span>

lol bro u didnt get what i mean!! its not even the same

I Want , when i move the mouse toward the Person's name the group name appears like the picture above or go to http:;//ng-gaming.net/forums and put the mouse on any member's name from moderator or viewing forums his grop name will appear in a drop down like the picture above
Um, the code that I gave you is EXACTLY what that picture does. You don't need to believe me, but anybody else is going to tell you to do the same thing.
MuhammedSuleiman that was pretty rude of you, what jshort told you is exactly correct.

You do this by going to Admin >> Uses and Groups >> User Groups

Then under the group you want to change you go to Options >> Edit Group

You then put in the code that jshort gave you however instead of "Administrator" you put in the relevant user group.

There is no need to do this via a plugin or anything as the username display is generated based on the primary group and just uses raw HTML.

HTML uses the TITLE tag to render the display of the tooltip when you hover over a link, which is what you are asking for.

If you want a more fancy one then you will need to add javascript to your page or inline in the link which renders a different tooltip.

To be honest though I am surprised I explained in more detail as the response you gave jshort was fairly rude, the fact he tries to help should be thanked not ridiculed especially as he was correct
(2014-07-22, 03:53 PM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]Um, the code that I gave you is EXACTLY what that picture does. You don't need to believe me, but anybody else is going to tell you to do the same thing.

wtf it worked , sry didnt mean to be rude
Next time, give it a try before you tell people that they got it wrong. It also wouldn't hurt to familiarize yourself with basic HTML. It'll come in handy as you go forward in developing your forum.

Thanks for the support, Danny. I'm actually a she, though. Smile
(2014-07-22, 04:35 PM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]Next time, give it a try before you tell people that they got it wrong. It also wouldn't hurt to familiarize yourself with basic HTML. It'll come in handy as you go forward in developing your forum.

Thanks for the support, Danny. I'm actually a she, though. Smile

oops my apologies!