MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: tags (for easy organising)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i think we must add tags box as default without plugins, so users easily tag and find it.
also tag helps in seo too.
Tags have already been suggested. Most of the existing tag plugins are resource intensive, and if there were a tag system, they would have to be reworked to be of use (such as including tags when searching for threads).
Tags shouldn't be in the core, in my opinion. They would be better off as plugins.
We already have a categorization system. Forums.
Tags are a bit different than categories in that threads may have multiple tags associated, but one a single forum and a single thread prefix.

I'm not arguing that tags should be core, just mentioned that someone else had already requested them.
(2014-07-25, 07:07 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Tags are a bit different than categories in that threads may have multiple tags associated, but one a single forum and a single thread prefix.

I'm not arguing that tags should be core, just mentioned that someone else had already requested them.
And you can have subforums, for more granular categorization.
I don't think that most forums need to worry about tags.
Maybe improving xThreads?
(2014-07-25, 10:37 PM)Axareal Wrote: [ -> ]And you can have subforums, for more granular categorization.
I don't think that most forums need to worry about tags.

As I stated, a thread can only be in a single category (cross posting hasn't been suggested), whereas it may have multiple tags associated.
I have a forum about offers, promotions, reviews etc and I have always to use xThreads (to create new fields) to organize all posts in a unique section of forum. A tag system or a sort of it would be very nice.
I too vote for inbuilt tagging system
It'd be nice if a MyBB staff member writes a simple tag plugin, if it cannot be part of core.

Yes, I'm learning slowly but surely php, css, js, to attempt to write my own plugins, but I feel this specific plugin should come from a staff member.