MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Footer not on bottom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I am working on a MyBB theme for a friend of mine, and for the life of me I can't get the footer to get to the bottom of the page. It sits at the bottom of the page fine when the pay is long enough, but when the page is shorter (as shown below) it sits up higher than I want it to...
[Image: bo7LfuQl.png]
(All the space between this text and the grey footer is what I want to remove...)

I deleted basically everything from the {$footer} template, and added a <div>. My {$footer} template:
<div id="footer_back"></div>
<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->

and this is the main CSS I have modified:
body {
	background: #f0f0f0;
	color: #000;
	font-family: Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;
	font-size: 13px;
	text-align: center; /* IE 5 fix */
	line-height: 1.4;
        max-width: 100%;        /* Prevents side */
        overflow-x: hidden;      /* way scrolling */
}

#container {
	width: 65%;
	background: #f0f0f0;
	color: #000000;
	text-align: left; /* IE 5 fix */
        padding-top: 60px;
	margin-left: auto;
	margin-right: auto;
}

#footer_back {
	background: #222222;
	height: 45px;
	width: 1000%;
	margin-left: -5000px;
}

I have tried multiple CSS & jQuery "tricks" to get the footer_back to stick to the bottom, but none of them seem to help whatsoever :/

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help, and if anything more is required please feel free to let me know.
Cheers,
Zman
Try posting this in the themes forums
(2014-07-22, 07:20 PM)Zman Wrote: [ -> ]I deleted basically everything from the {$footer} template (...)

Although you can do this, you should know that if you remove myBB copyright from footer
you may not receive anymore support from this community boards. So rethink it twice.