MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can't make any new posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello guys

When ever any user tries to make a new post including the admin, we are getting the following error

"The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: PHP returned error code: Array. Please contact your forum administrator with this error."

What could be wrong please?

Screen shot attached.
Which version number are you using? If you aren't using the latest 1.6 version, upgrade first then see if the issue persists.
hello

Im using the following

MyBB Version 1.6.14
PHP Version 5.3.28
SQL Engine
MySQLi 5.5.37

thank you
Have you modified either of these two templates:
- showthread_quick_reply
- newreply
(2014-07-23, 01:54 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Have you modified either of these two templates:
- showthread_quick_reply
- newreply

no sir, brand new install with MaxAttachments.v2.0 plugin.
I have since disabled the plugin but still can't post.
That plugin hasn't been updated for over two years. Further investigation also reveals that it has you overwrite some of the MyBB core files. Unfortunately what I've found through search results is attachment plugins haven't been updated in some time. In order to get your forum working again upload the official copies of editpost.php, newreply.php, and newthread.php to your forum. Then uninstall the plugin. You should also make sure to revert the post_attachments_new template back to the default. To do this ACP->Themes & Templates->Templates->Your Theme->Post templates. When you click on Options next to the post_attachments_new template, see if an option to Revert exists. You may also need to do this to thepost_attachments_update template.

If I had the time, I'd write a plugin for multiple attachments. Right now though I'm preparing for my vacation next month and finishing off a request. After my vacation I may have the time.