MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make it so only the thread maker can see his thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, Smile

Well the title says it all, i want to because on my site, i have some forums that i want to be protected, like a report a bug forum, only the thread maker can see his thread.

I searched alot for it but couldn't find any answer.

Thanks for any help Smile

No one knows anything about this? seriously? I need this ASAP

Please I will rep who can help me ..
goto the forum where you want this to be done (ACP > Forums and Posts > forum name) and click on Permissions tab. now click on "Set Custom Permission" corresponding to the usergroup for which this setup to be done. and make sure all three - Can View Forum?, Can View threads within forum?, and Can View only own threads? are checked. save the permissions and repeat this step for all usergroups for which this permission has to be implemented...
this is very nice tip

thanks for help as well.
(2014-07-24, 02:34 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]goto the forum where you want this to be done (ACP > Forums and Posts > forum name) and click on Permissions tab. now click on "Set Custom Permission" corresponding to the usergroup for which this setup to be done. and make sure all three - Can View Forum?, Can View threads within forum?, and Can View only own threads? are checked. save the permissions and repeat this step for all usergroups for which this permission has to be implemented...

Ty Smile