MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Copy Forum Permissions (suggestion for 1.8.1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am aware that there is a feature freeze in place for the initial 1.8 release, so this is a suggestion for a later 1.8.X release.

Currently, group permissions can be copied when creating a new usergroup, but there is no way to copy permissions from another forum when creating a new board or category. This is not an issue when only the default usergroups are in place, but when working with 20+ usergroups and/or multiple boards with similar permissions, manually setting permissions for each forum/category is more difficult. Implementing such a feature would streamline the board setup process significantly for larger forums.

Not a particularly important suggestion, but I figured I'd go ahead and post it as a suggestion for the first 1.8.X release.
Agree
Not sure if I understood but won't this work for you?
ACP -> Forums & Posts -> Options next to a forum which has permissions you want in new forum -> Copy Forum -> select everything in Copy User Group Permissions
(2014-07-24, 08:07 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if I understood but won't this work for you?
ACP -> Forums & Posts -> Options next to a forum which has permissions you want in new forum -> Copy Forum -> select everything in Copy User Group Permissions

Ah, I had forgotten about that feature.

I suppose that does help a bit. I was mostly thinking about streamlining the process somewhat for larger forums. I think it would probably be a little easier and simpler to implement it straight on the new board/category page, but it's a minor issue.