MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] My 1.8 Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am making this theme for my forums because even though I am a little upset about the move to 1.8 because I prefer 1.6 and its default theme to modify I was thinking it will just become too much of a hassle to keep patching 1.6 myself so I might as well move along with the flow.

So the first thing and the main thing I needed to do was make a theme so I started last night at around 2:30 AM fiddling around and now 9:23 PM this is what I came up with

http://imgur.com/jWN8IQr,qOFd9mB,sF6QcTc,mXxRf5X

Obviously it is not heavily modified but I am not the type of person who likes heavily modified themes I like them basic yet smooth looking. This theme is still a work in progress and I obviously got time because I will not immediately switch to 1.8 until some plugins, etc are released. This is all done on 1.8 Beta 3 so I hope there is no theme system changes after this.

Anyways what does everyone think of it?
I think your logo is a little too dark. The category colors stand out more prominent than the logo. It should be the other way around? or at least the same brightness level.
I like it but I think you should remove the links from the header and put Help and Twitter in the footer. The other links such as Forum, Member List, and Search aren't necessary and look a little out of place.
(2014-07-25, 02:51 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]I think your logo is a little too dark. The category colors stand out more prominent than the logo. It should be the other way around? or at least the same brightness level.

Logo is honestly just a temporary logo I threw it together just so it would be there.

I decided to switch from purple to blue so it is updated with the blue color in the screen shots.