MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: expand warning system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there are no new features being added before 1.8 is released as stable, but I'd certainly like to see the warning system improved some.

It seems to be an all or nothing system to me as it is right now. I'd like to be able to customize the warning system to be more useful, especially being that I run a big board.

for example, it'd be great if I could specify that a warning of 1 point will disallow a users from posting in a certain forum section for so many days.
I think a plugin to ban a user from posting in a specific section for so many days would be easier.
(2014-07-25, 05:25 AM)fxzt Wrote: [ -> ]I think a plugin to ban a user from posting in a specific section for so many days would be easier.

I'd prefer to make use of the core system as much as possible so the system stays maintained.

the current warning system is very bare, imho.
(2014-07-25, 05:46 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-25, 05:25 AM)fxzt Wrote: [ -> ]I think a plugin to ban a user from posting in a specific section for so many days would be easier.

I'd prefer to make use of the core system as much as possible so the system stays maintained.

I agree. I don't use the warning system either but I doubt it will be adjusted much in 1.8
(2014-07-25, 06:04 AM)fxzt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-25, 05:46 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree. I don't use the warning system either but I doubt it will be adjusted much in 1.8

but it should be if people are to really use it to its potential.