MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Instant jScript notification for new replies on the threads you're participating in!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I already suggested this new feature that will use jScript code for 1.8.0 golden release but it was rejected because I have to post it on here!

My suggestion is to code an instant jScript floating notifications for new replies you're participating in like in FaceBook!

There should be an allowing/disallowing feature in the ACP too because there are admins who do not want this to be allowed on their forums!
Maybe MyAlerts with MentionMe plugins should be enought?
Why not just use Thread Subscriptions which are a default feature?
(2014-08-01, 01:06 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe MyAlerts with MentionMe plugins should be enought?
Yeah, MyAlerts Plugin already does it but I wanted to have this as a core feature on 1.8.0 but it won't definitely be!

(2014-08-01, 02:23 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just use Thread Subscriptions which are a default feature?
What Thread Subscriptions core feature is just advicing you with a PM, I think!
Why add it to core when there is a plugin for that? I dont get it... but feel free to pull your commit with this feature
I thought it was very interesting to add such a feature to the core list!
I still think it would be interesting since now jQuery support is a lot better than in 1.6 serie!
This isn't really something suited for forums. People generally don't spend hours every day logged in to a forum, and it creates a lot of noise for both users and the server. I can't see it being implemented, there's a reason why it hasn't already.