MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Type & Quotes as comments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well there are threads which are meant to post only images but if those threads get popular it start to fill with hundereds of text posts(mostly replies/quotes to image posts) and a visitor has to go through many pages to look for images which is very annoying

If there is a option as Thread Type (at time of new thread creation) and if thread type is set to images then only posts which contains images will be accepted as "new Post" all other replies and quotes will be treated as comments and should be attached to its related post (just like facebook)

How about that?
I think this is possible as a plugin.
It'd be too specific where it wouldn't get enough use by the average forum. I'd rather this be a plugin.
(2014-07-27, 12:43 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]It'd be too specific where it wouldn't get enough use by the average forum. I'd rather this be a plugin.

I have posted another suggestion (unfortunatly in 1.8 section) about
"Load more" ajax pagination, would that be possible in 2.0 ???

here where I wrote it can you please move that thread in 2.0 section?

http://community.mybb.com/thread-156360.html

Thanks
I would welcome it, but I'm not going to be the one coding it.
Aren't there other software which do things like this? You might even be able to write a plugin which allows you to integrate it with MyBB.
Having comments to posts in addition to replies sounds too different from MyBB's structure. Cery specialized situation.