MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Two Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) Add a required post count before a user can PM someone. Seperate settings on each group.

2) If the Registration Method requires a valid email, it should be noted upon registering to the site. A message displayed to the user with something like "A valid email is required".
1) IIRC it's pretty straightforward to do that with group promotions and usergroup permissions. Not the greatest solution, but the functionality is there.

2) I don't see any reason for why a user wouldn't enter a valid email address. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of requiring an email address altogether if it isn't required to be valid?
(2014-07-27, 05:17 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]1) IIRC it's pretty straightforward to do that with group promotions and usergroup permissions. Not the greatest solution, but the functionality is there.

It doesn't seem right.

(2014-07-27, 05:17 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]2) I don't see any reason for why a user wouldn't enter a valid email address. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of requiring an email address altogether if it isn't required to be valid?

Actually no. Some sites require an email address but it isn't required.
1) Yes, you can do this with group promotions.

2) You can update the templates yourself to add this message if you'd like. It should not be required.
It won't be elegant to make a seperate group for each group.

For signature it's already made. Why not for PM also.

But well, it's just a suggestion that is easy to implement.
That setting should never have been added in the first place. IMO. Nor similar settings based solely on post counts.
So in 1.8 it's going to be removed?

If it's like that then if 1.8 is going to support smartphones browsing then the "Lite Mode" should be removed. http://community.mybb.com/archive/index....56633.html
I don't think so, but adding new ones shouldn't be the way to go, IMO.
The first suggestion is not bad - just because there is an option for signatures and websites. Some SPAMBOTS use new mechanic - no new topics or posts -> because they are banned automatically. They just create a new account and send PMs to all users