MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I made a website with a .com domain... anyways, whenever I do mysitename.com it loads me to a page saying that I'm working on the site. So, I have to do mysitename.com/forums/. Is there a way where I type mysitename.com, it redirects me to mysitename.com/forums/?

Thanks!
why do you have mybb installed in the subdirectory /forums/ if you want it to be under yoursite.com?
I don't know. I read the instructions and it said to make a subdirectory /forums/ and drag the "Upload" folder there.
if you want the forum at sitename.com, you have upload files in the root folder itself rather than a /forums folder.

Right now, you can move all files and folders inside the/forums folder to one folder up so it sits in the root folder. before moving the files you need to change the board url and cookie settings in ACP > Configuration > General Configuration and/or settings.php

or simply delete the /forums folder and upload a fresh copy of mybb in the root folder and install again... this is preferred only if the board is new with no posts....
(2014-07-28, 05:54 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]if you want the forum at sitename.com, you have upload files in the root folder itself rather than a /forums folder.

Right now, you can move all files and folders inside the/forums folder to one folder up so it sits in the root folder. before moving the files you need to change the board url and cookie settings in ACP > Configuration > General Configuration and/or settings.php

or simply delete the /forums folder and upload a fresh copy of mybb in the root folder and install again... this is preferred only if the board is new with no posts....

Yes, I just made the board today. Anyways, thanks for your help! I will try that out! Smile