MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I changed my host and bought a new domain. There seems to be some sql issues though.. I modified the config file a little. I asked the db hostname, they said it was localhost.
I created a new database user, lets call it SQLUSERNAME.

Here's the error

SQL Error:
    1045 - Access denied for user 'SQLUSERNAME'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:
    [READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server 

Here's config.php

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';
$config['database']['database'] = 'DATABASENAME?';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = '_';

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = 'SQLUSERNAME';
$config['database']['password'] = 'PASSWORD';

And here's a picture of the host cpanel.

[Image: wQxGLFx.png]

What should I do this fix this?
Did you actually put a password for the user? I'm asking that because it says Set Password. If it doesn't have a password, assign a password to it.

Another common error is forgetting to assign privileges to the user. You can either use GRANT statements or edit the SQL user in that screen by clicking on the user.

You should also verify if you added the user to your database.
$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';

if you've not deviated from default, you should have this
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';
go into your phpmyadmin to check what the tables have a prefix of

Check with your host that the dabase is hosted on the same server. some hosting providers have SQL hosted on another IP (mainly cloud hosting providers, but best to ask)

also, as above, privelidges
(2014-07-28, 01:10 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Did you actually put a password for the user? I'm asking that because it says Set Password. If it doesn't have a password, assign a password to it.

Another common error is forgetting to assign privileges to the user. You can either use GRANT statements or edit the SQL user in that screen by clicking on the user.

You should also verify if you added the user to your database.

Yes it does have password on it. And I did grant every privileges to the user.

(2014-07-28, 01:10 PM)p00lz Wrote: [ -> ]$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';

if you've not deviated from default, you should have this
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';
go into your phpmyadmin to check what the tables have a prefix of

Check with your host that the dabase is hosted on the same server. some hosting providers have SQL hosted on another IP (mainly cloud hosting providers, but best to ask)

also, as above, privelidges

I accidentally changed the table prefix from mybb_ to _ and I don't know how to reverse it anymore lol.
I also tried mysqli.

Gave this error after I changed it to mysqli

Error Type:
    MyBB Error (44)
Error Message:
    MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website 

E: Fixed. Not sure how though, lol. Thanks guys.