MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't access acp links after changing host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey. Funny thing. I got the sql error fixed, but now I can't access acp or anything. Whenever I go to my forums and click another link, it goes to my old host's page with that old domain. And when I try to browse something on acp it goes back to login page, and it just refreshes the page and wants me to login again.

What's wrong? D:

E: Nvm. Edited in inc/settings.php domainurl.
Make sure you edit the cookie settings in the /inc/settings.php file.
Have you changed the domainname or just transfered the forum and changed the dns?
If you have transfered the forum and have changed the dns to point at the new site, it can take up to 48 hours before the nameserver will point and work correct on all sites at your forum. Then you just have to give it some time (search whois to find out if it's pointing to your new server).

When moving there are some settings you have to change, with the site and email.
Read the moving tutorial.

If you have changed also have changed name (gonna be difficult for members to find you then) you have to change some settings,
But first give answer if you ALSO have changed name on your forum (changed domain name)
When changing things in the mybb_settings table, I always recommend deleting the settings.php file. The first time you access your forum, a new one will be created automatically. This prevents typos and other out-of-sync errors when editing the file directly.