MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade 1.6.14 to 1.8 Beta 3 errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since you asked for it... Wink

A few days ago I upgraded 2 of my bigger forums on localhost from 1.6.14 to 1.8 Beta3 for testing.
So far I've encountered 3 (MySQL) errors in upgrade30.php

1. The new column "groups" isn't added to the "modtools" table.

2. The column "sid" of the smilies table gets modified to tinyint(1). Since there are a lot more than 127 smilies installed in my forums and sid is the primary key the upgrade script is terminated with the error:
Quote:SQL Error:
1062 - Duplicate entry '127' for key 'PRIMARY'
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_smilies MODIFY sid tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', MODIFY showclickable tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0'

So I had to remove the "sid" from upgrade30.php line 1460.

3. The column "pid" of the attachments table gets modified to smallint. As a result all attachments with a pid > 65535 get the same pid 65535 an become useless.

To avoid it a had to remove line 1293:
$db->modify_column("attachments", "pid", "smallint unsigned NOT NULL default '0'");
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1068

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
Thanks Big Grin