MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Firefox thinks I am using the wrong password.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Chris Boulton Wrote:It's happening when you press [ENTER] via the quick login field on the index. I've come across this before and only managed to take a deeper look at it whilst I was away.

I'll ensure we get it fixed for the next version, but right now I'll just move it to the bug reports forum.

Regards,
Chris
Ah, now I have been pondering about this thread because like Tikitiki I thought he just wrote the password wrong.

Well I have had the exact same trouble on my forums and like Chris just said, it happens when you press [ENTER] on the Quick Login box. It always says I used the wrong info, but when I click the button to log in everything is fine.
Same for me. I saw it yesterday, and I had to login in the admin cp, and change the number of attempts, as i was on a lan.
Interesting - now that I think about that it's happened to me before but I just tried the actual login script if the quick login didn't work.
Tikitiki Wrote:Can't say I didn't tell you so. Crakter, I think it should only reset if the password box text == default.

That's what I meant. Changed it on my localhost.
i got the same problem with firefox too,what i do to solve is type the password in username box then ctrl-C and Ctrl-V to Password box,it's only problem in my old board (ii mean the board i upgrade to 1.2.2).my new board is good!
hope it's correct!
I'm pretty sure crakter fixed this in the svn?
I'm not sure if that fixes the ENTER bug. But I can login perfectly fine with the quick login and enter so.
This bug has been fixed in the latest code.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update will be released which contains this fix.
This only happens with firefox, I just tested it with IE. I wonder why it's only ff...
Pages: 1 2