MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Code Buttons Not Working w/FireFox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have searched and although I have found some OLD references to this same issue I would have expected that a new fresh download of version 1.6.14 would work properly. PHP Version 5.4.26

This is the [undefined=undefined] issue when I select any of the editing buttons above using FireFox. It works fine in IE.

It is working here on your forum just fine with FireFox so there must be some difference somewhere.

[/b]
can we have your forum url and test user account so that someone can check the issue
(2014-07-30, 05:14 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can we have your forum url and test user account so that someone can check the issue

http://community.goldwingnuts.com/MyBB

Testacctuser

temp073014%

Existing code for Default Template in Codebuttons file

<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/editor.js?ver=1600"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
{$editor_language}
var clickableEditor = new messageEditor("{$bind}", {lang: editor_language, rtl: {$lang->settings['rtl']}, theme: "{$theme['editortheme']}"});
if(clickableEditor)
{
clickableEditor.bindSmilieInserter("clickable_smilies");
}
// -->
</script>
^ run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel and post back
the missing, changed, & corrupt files. focus is on javascript files & php files. ignore images
(2014-07-30, 02:18 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel and post back
the missing, changed, & corrupt files. focus is on javascript files & php files. ignore images

I changed the one file to fix the size of the text editing screen. Here's the entire list (see attached).
can you replace jscripts/editor.js file with the original file and check the posting issue ..
text editing screen can be adjusted later with simple css declarations (like this)
I put the editor.js file back to the original. The problem still exists with using FireFox and now the overlapping text window problem is back im IE.

OK, this MIGHT be my issue...I may have used an older version 1.6.x copy of the editor.js file. How does one get a clean copy of the 1.6.14 file????

(2014-07-30, 11:26 PM)Halfling Wrote: [ -> ]I put the editor.js file back to the original. The problem still exists with using FireFox and now the overlapping text window problem is back im IE.

OK, this MIGHT be my issue...I may have used an older version 1.6.x copy of the editor.js file. How does one get a clean copy of the 1.6.14 file????

NEVERMIND! I figured out how to download the original fileset and got what I need.

Now, the problem of not working with FireFox is fixed. However, the original problem of an oversized text window overlapping at the bottom is back (only in IE and FireFox is fine which is weird).