MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Giving away some premium plugins for free
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

I have several premium plugins that I coded last year when I was using MyBB and I would like to give it away for free in a post exchange type of thing. If you are interested please send me a pm here.

My premium plugins are as follow:

1) Age Forums. (It sets a minimum age restriction to enter forums on a forum per forum basis)

2) You Got Mail (Anytime an user will receive a pm the You got mail audible voice will be heard)

3) Force Read Pm. (It forces users to read all pm's before they can browse the forum)

4) Forum Ban. (It allows you to ban users from forums on a forum per forum basis)

5) Gender Forums. (It sets a gender restriction to enter forums on a forum per forum basis)

6) Ignore Buddy Notification (Anytime someone will be added to the buddy/ignore a list, they will get a pm notification of that fact)

7) Miserable Suite (It adds an advanced miserable users system to your forum)

8) Navigation Manager (It allows you to add unlimited navigation tabs to your forum header and footer)

9) Unlmitted Profile Tabs (It allows you to add unlimited tabs to your users profiles)

10) Reputation Log (It logs all reputations given and received at your forum in one single place in the acp where the admin can keep better track of them and edit/delete them)

11) Search Log It logs all search queries at your forum in one single place in the acp where the admin can keep better track of them.)

12) Unlmited Custom Sidebars (It allows you to add unlimited custom sidebar to your users profiles)

13) Spam Detector Suite (It adds an advanced spam fighting tool to your forum. You can add spam words and then decide if you want them to be blocked or to be posted but the posts go to the moderation queue. It affects users with a certain post count set by you)
Those are pretty smart ideas OP.
(2014-07-30, 05:39 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]1) Age Forums. (It sets a minimum age restriction to enter forums on a forum per forum basis)
5) Gender Forums. (It sets a gender restriction to enter forums on a forum per forum basis)
I find this very useless. Seems like "Just because, we can" type plugins

(2014-07-30, 05:39 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]2) You Got Mail (Anytime an user will receive a pm the You got mail audible voice will be heard)
Surely, you can imagine how annoying this can get?
(2014-07-30, 05:39 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]3) Force Read Pm. (It forces users to read all pm's before they can browse the forum)
You'd be better off making a plugin which forces people to read the rules instead.

(2014-07-30, 05:39 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]4) Forum Ban. (It allows you to ban users form forums on a forum per forum basis)
Good idea. We need more useful plugins like this.

(2014-07-30, 05:39 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]6) Ignore Buddy Notification (Anytime someone will be added to the buddy/ignore a list, they will get a pm notification of that fact)
We don't need more drama on forums.

(2014-07-30, 05:39 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]7) Miserable Suite (It adds an advanced miserable users system to your forum)
Personally, I think that good moderation is a better tool but, it could be useful.

(2014-07-30, 05:39 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]8) Navigation Manager (It allows you to add unlimited navigation tabs to your forum header and footer)
Tabs? Please elaborate.

(2014-07-30, 05:39 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]9) Unlmitted Profile Tabs (It allows you to add unlimited tabs to your users profiles)
Do you insert HTML inside these new parts?

(2014-07-30, 05:39 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]10) Reputation Log (It logs all reputations given and received at your forum in one single place in the acp where the admin can keep better track of them and edit/delete them)

11) Search Log It logs all search queries at your forum in one single place in the acp where the admin can keep better track of them.)
Why aren't these core features in MyBB?

(2014-07-30, 05:39 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]12) Unlmited Custom Sidebars (It allows you to add unlimited custom sidebar to your users profiles)
Meh.

(2014-07-30, 05:39 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]13) Spam Detector Suite (It adds an advanced spam fighting tool to your forum. You can add spam words and then decide if you want them to be blocked or to be posted but the posts go to the moderation queue. It affects users with a certain post count set by you)
Depends on the spambot, it might be very useful with some of them.

(2014-08-01, 07:44 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]Those are pretty smart ideas OP.
Some of them are. A few of them sound like.. Just because, we can type plugins.
Quote:4) Forum Ban. (It allows you to ban users form forums on a forum per forum basis)

Now I'm confused because of this sentence. Toungue

You win the alliteration award though.

Edit: Oh... it's just a typo... form -> from... Ohhhhhh...
(2014-08-01, 07:54 PM)Axareal Wrote: [ -> ]I find this very useless. Seems like "Just because, we can" type plugins

Who cares how you find it. If you don''t like them then move along. There are plenty of users who do like them. To assume that something is useless just because you don''t like it, it is very arrogant and ignorant. And btw, I can code plugins at least. It is not typing plugins but coding them. You can''t even get the term right, let alone other stuff for crying out loud Big Grin

P.s. I just checked your post history and you have contributed nothing of any value here. You are not worthy responding to. Shame of wasting precious time.

(2014-08-01, 10:45 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:4) Forum Ban. (It allows you to ban users form forums on a forum per forum basis)

Now I'm confused because of this sentence. Toungue

You win the alliteration award though.

Edit: Oh... it's just a typo... form -> from... Ohhhhhh...

Indeed, it was a typo. I fixed it now.
(2014-08-02, 04:02 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-01, 07:54 PM)Axareal Wrote: [ -> ]I find this very useless. Seems like "Just because, we can" type plugins
Who cares how you find it. If you don''t like them then move along. There are plenty of users who do like them. To assume that something is useless just because you don''t like it, it is very arrogant and ignorant. And btw, I can code plugins at least. It is not typing plugins but coding them. You can''t even get the term right, let alone other stuff for crying out loud Big Grin

P.s. I just checked your post history and you have contributed nothing of any value here. You are not worthy responding to. Shame of wasting precious time.
You checked my posting history? I forgot the password to my original account, years ago and the domain for the email expired. I've setup many sites over the years and some don't go well.

What exactly is the use case for these plugins? They seem like plugins which would be highly abusable for creating a highly discriminative environment. Is there something which I'm not thinking of? If you wanted something which was less abusable and thus, actually useful then, a plugin which could restrict access to a forum based on a user's custom fields would be nice.

You can code plugins? I can create software and I have created software before. For instance, I tried creating my own forum software, a few years back (got fairly far too) and it was a very educational experience. Honestly though, I found MyBB's application process a little complicated back then, and I didn't have the time to commit to MyBB itself. These days, I'm questioning where MyBB is going. If you're so confident about your abilities then, it would be nice, if you contributed your knowledge to MyBB itself. I'm sure that they need a hand or afew to make the software better.

I've also created several custom plugins for my forums before, as I wanted a nice little RPG system for people to play around with, and there weren't any real options at the time. I also modified the warning system before, as I wanted to find a way to warn staff without them circumventing the warning. I might have them lying around on one of my old computer's hard drives, want me to take a look?
Let's not turn this into a war of who can do what.
I am really keen on the forum ban plugin how do I go about getting this please.
(2014-08-02, 05:01 PM)Axareal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-02, 04:02 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]

You checked my posting history? I forgot the password to my original account, years ago and the domain for the email expired. I've setup many sites over the years and some don't go well.

What exactly is the use case for these plugins? They seem like plugins which would be highly abusable for creating a highly discriminative environment. Is there something which I'm not thinking of? If you wanted something which was less abusable and thus, actually useful then, a plugin which could restrict access to a forum based on a user's custom fields would be nice.

You can code plugins? I can create software and I have created software before. For instance, I tried creating my own forum software, a few years back (got fairly far too) and it was a very educational experience. Honestly though, I found MyBB's application process a little complicated back then, and I didn't have the time to commit to MyBB itself. These days, I'm questioning where MyBB is going. If you're so confident about your abilities then, it would be nice, if you contributed your knowledge to MyBB itself. I'm sure that they need a hand or afew to make the software better.

I've also created several custom plugins for my forums before, as I wanted a nice little RPG system for people to play around with, and there weren't any real options at the time. I also modified the warning system before, as I wanted to find a way to warn staff without them circumventing the warning. I might have them lying around on one of my old computer's hard drives, want me to take a look?

You wrote your own forum software? That was very funny. Sure, you wrote it all in your head lol Big Grin

All I hear is bla bla bla. Put your money where your mouth is and post here your so called plugins that you have created. Otherwise shut up about your "coding expertise". This was my last reply to you btw as I will put you in my ignore list. You are not worthy my time.

(2014-08-02, 11:26 PM)aaronnz Wrote: [ -> ]I am really keen on the forum ban plugin how do I go about getting this please.

I sent you a pm.
Please try to avoid personal attacks as they are against our rules. It's only natural that not all users may find all the plugins useful, however you shouldn't insult eachother for not sharing the same opinion.

Try to keep on it topic, otherwise we will have to close the thread and hand out some warnings.
Pages: 1 2