MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to restore a back up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I took a database back up. Didn't back up the website files. Deleted the hosting account. Now I set up a new hosting account. How do I restore that back up and get the forum back just as it was?
backup of database can be imported through database manager (eg. phpMyAdmin) available at the webhost control panel.
you can upload MyBB source files through ftp or the file manager and connect the database through ./inc/config.php file

if MyBB system instructs to upgrade then you can run the upgrading process (./install/upgrade.php)

see also the reply at your earlier related thread
(2014-07-30, 11:39 PM)ECZ Wrote: [ -> ]I took a database back up. Didn't back up the website files. Deleted the hosting account. Now I set up a new hosting account. How do I restore that back up and get the forum back just as it was?

How big is your db back up file? If it is of a medium to large size then it would be better to restore it through a third party tool like mysqldumper.

Install MyBB as usual and then simply restore the backup. Note that if you changed the forum url you must update the board url and cookie settings too. Also if your db was taken from an older version you will have to run the upgrade to upgrade it.
so you lost any theme images, user avatars, attachments, and other other non-standard file that comes as part of the mybb installation?