MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I have a confusing issue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm honestly not sure what prefix this would go under, or what kind of error you would call it. So I'm sorry that I didn't add a prefix and that the title doesn't really tell anything.

I just moved a subdirectory mybb page to the domain name, and for some reason now it's glitching... Now I don't even know if I should talk to you guys about it or if I should go to my host. Everything seems to have transferred over smoothly, and from all outward appearances it seems to be working.

Here's my trouble though.... When I log in an account it doesn't show me as logged in. It says I'm still a guest.

If I then go to a page like "member list" it shows I'm online, even tells me if I have messages... But I go to something like "user cp" or my member name... It tells me again that I'm logged off.... So I can't access 90% of my site now because it doesn't register that I'm logged in. Sad

Any idea how I fix this? Should I go to my host? What do I do Huh
Hey there, I'm a newbie BUT I just went through something similar and I think you'll find that this is a cookie setting issue. Look at the login sticky above and I think you'll find you answer.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html

(2014-07-31, 08:06 PM)Snickerz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm honestly not sure what prefix this would go under, or what kind of error you would call it. So I'm sorry that I didn't add a prefix and that the title doesn't really tell anything.

I just moved a subdirectory mybb page to the domain name, and for some reason now it's glitching... Now I don't even know if I should talk to you guys about it or if I should go to my host. Everything seems to have transferred over smoothly, and from all outward appearances it seems to be working.

Here's my trouble though.... When I log in an account it doesn't show me as logged in. It says I'm still a guest.

If I then go to a page like "member list" it shows I'm online, even tells me if I have messages... But I go to something like "user cp" or my member name... It tells me again that I'm logged off.... So I can't access 90% of my site now because it doesn't register that I'm logged in. Sad

Any idea how I fix this? Should I go to my host? What do I do Huh
Thank you. I'll take a look.
Change your cookie path to just a slash.
Thank you halfling, and you as well Dragonexpert. I do appreciate it. I feel kind of silly not thinking of that but, then again I am very new to this.

EDIT:

Brings me to my next issue. Sad If you could help with it...

[Image: Capture_zps4707d55f.png]

I highlight a forum to move, but it doesn't register down below that I highlighted it, so I can't do any actions with it.

Never mind... I found the problem... For some.. Really creepy reason... My cookies reset themselves to read "/forums/" instead of just "/"