MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Website URL transfer...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am good friends with Tindris (not sure if she is still active on here) but she is busy and I need someone to transfer my website from one URL to another... Prefer it to be a mod on here to make me feel a little better.
The mods aren't going to do that for you. I'd be happy to help you learn how though. Do you have phpMyAdmin and FTP access to the server?

1) Copy your public_html folder (or whereever MyBB is installed)
2) Use phpMyAdmin to export your database from the old server
3) Import the database to the new server.
(2014-08-01, 12:11 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]The mods aren't going to do that for you. I'd be happy to help you learn how though. Do you have phpMyAdmin and FTP access to the server?

It's not that easy... as the wordpress side of it has it set to this URL and I don't know how to switch all that. Believe me if it was a simple copy and paste deal I wouldn't be asking for help lol Toungue
You are talking about a MyBB forum, right? I don't know anything about wordpress. To switch the URL, look in the mybb_settings table, there is a few to change, like bburl, cookiedomain, and cookiepath. After that, delete your settings.php file and reload your forum.
(2014-08-01, 12:23 AM)abenak89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-01, 12:11 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]The mods aren't going to do that for you. I'd be happy to help you learn how though. Do you have phpMyAdmin and FTP access to the server?

It's not that easy... as the wordpress side of it has it set to this URL and I don't know how to switch all that. Believe me if it was a simple copy and paste deal I wouldn't be asking for help lol Toungue

I've used Wordpress before. What exactly do you need to achieve with the Wordpress part of it?
We don't support Wordpress. This forum is for MyBB support...