MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgraded to 1.6.14 and now buttons gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't figure out if this is a Firefox issue or Mybb issue or a Mac issue in combination with either browser.

I upgraded to 1.6.14 and now the file upload buttons appear and disappear at random. Tested with my usual browser - Firefox and then tried Safari. Same random results. This has been happening since I updated two weeks ago.

This is what I should see. These are from my Firefox browser yesterday.

[attachment=32062]

[attachment=32063]

And this is what I see now after several restarts of Firefox and Safari.
Cache cleared. Still no joy. This is from today.

[attachment=32064]
Try this select your style and set style parameters as yoy wish if everything is ok obly save your style sometimes some data was broken before upgrade on stylizations but with save all have to go as it have to.

Then verify cookie settings and host settings and done have to work.

Cheers.
(2014-08-02, 02:43 AM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]Try this select your style and set style parameters as yoy wish if everything is ok obly save your style sometimes some data was broken before upgrade on stylizations but with save all have to go as it have to.

Then verify cookie settings and host settings and done have to work.

Cheers.

Hmm... I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I read that three times and I've no clue what you're talking about and where to set these things. ACP? UserCP? Regardless, if it's a matter of making every member reset their settings, I'm calling this a bug. Everything was working just fine before the update. Members shouldn't have to reset everything every time an admin maintains the board.

I checked every theme I've got and I've gone into the ACP and turned off ALL plugins and checked them one by one and still it's not working This is happening to everyone on my site, not just me.

Also, I upload an image, hit preview and the image I just uploaded disappears and I have to upload it again and make sure I don't preview.

At this point the buttons are permanently gone. This is no longer random.

As of right now, INSERTING an attached image is a process of:

Make post
Browse for and upload attachment
Finish the post
EDIT the post
INSERT attachment (the buttons show now)
Click Update post
Still hoping someone can help with this.

I discovered today that this only happens on NEW REPLY in a thread already created but it does NOT happen when you start a NEW THREAD.
I wanna say admin cp then selec styles and templates then select your style and review all on your style is fine like stylesheets, logo , img dir, etc then save your style even if all is fine.

That is all sometimes before an upgrade if you have more tha one style or not default exist or i dunno but only review each style and do the same and have to work.
That's the first thing I did.
Whats your forum url to make a review.

Send me by p.m if you dont wanna share with all i try to search for another mistake like config or broken images.

In this way youve done have to work fine.
I'm going to do the next update first to see if things sort themselves out.

Neo, I understand you're trying to help, but this isn't new to me and I've looked at the html for the templates and I assure you it's not a CSS issue nor a config file issue. Images are not broken as they appear on new threads and are only absent on replies to an original post. So if they show on "new thread" then the images are not broken.

I'll let you know if the update to 1.6.15 does the trick.
problem solved. corrupt newreply.php file in the root.