MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: config.default.php huh?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got this message:
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (41)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

I checked the support page and it said to go to inc and modify the config.php database.....but all I found there was config.default.php and I have no idea what data base I need to modify it to.
I have been checking now for over an hour and came up empty so I thought I would visit here and ask.
Thanks,
David
This is the best way to learn and install MyBB

http://docs.mybb.com/Installing.html

You have all the information there.
Run /install

If you want to install new board this proccess rename and give all info on config file.

If you want to upgrade script verify for you and only run upgrade if you have previous version.

If you have your db and want to put on your host rename that file tp config.php and set all data from your database.

You have your db,host,username and db password only fill on script running your data and have to goes fine.
I guess I'm a dinosaur but I still have no idea what to do. I renamed the config to config.php but other than that I don't see any options to modify anything. I went to the link above and that was confusing also. I guess it would help to know what my data base is exactly. I was a phpbb user and they installed it so I never had any problems.
Ok, my host is IWeb. I guess my password is what I use to get into cpanel or whm...my db is what, the main index.html or something else....as you can see I am clueless.
I'll give you a step by step.

1)First log into CPanel.
2) From there use the Database Wizard Tool to create a new database.
3) Create a new database user and assign the user to the database you just created. Make sure to give it all privileges.
4) If you left the file as config.default.php navigate to your forum's url/install/index.php.
5) Input the database details. Usually localhost is what you will use for host name.
6) Follow the rest of the instructions.