MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme/Cache Folder not found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey All,

I have just installed MyBB on my site and for the most part its all working fine and the basic forums are up and running, but what I am having troubles with is when it comes to uploading a theme.

I have double/triple checked to make sure the cache and cache/theme folder are both fully writeable and this is confirmed by me checking the MyBB admin panel as per below:

[Image: 1_zps0d7f4834.png]

Now when I go to load a theme I get this error:

[Image: 2_zpsfee2536a.png]

Just wondering if anyone can help, I mean I followed the installation guide step by step and have not changed anything.

Any help would be great, and my host is 1&1 which hmm is abit annoying but its working so far other than this above issue.

Thanks in advance.
This sounds like a configuration error with your host. Typically when files are uploaded, they end up in /tmp on the server before being moved to wherever the application moves them to. I'm not sure what kind of hosting you have, but if it's a VPS/Dedicated Server, the setting in the php.ini file you'll want to check is upload_tmp_dir. If it's shared hosting, you're host will need to take care of it for you.
Thanks for the reply, I don't have a dedicated server with them its just a normal web hosting account, could this have something to do with the .htaccess file?
No. You'll need to open a support ticket with your host.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14235...ary-folder