MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple forums sharing certain tables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there!

I am currently running a large IPB forum and plan on converting to MyBB within the next few months however I do have an issue.

I have a forum, a game, and a forum within the game. With the upcoming merge I intend to make them all run off a master users table, however the theme and forums, categories and everything else should be seperate.

Is this possible? I have experience developing plugins, though this seems a little unique for just a plugin perhaps.

Any help and advice is appreciated.
It won't do this by default but I imagine you could use the merge tool to merge both forums in to a 3rd forum, then take that mybb_users table and upload it to both of your individual forums. After that, you could use on insert/update/delete triggers for each individual table to ensure the opposite table is kept in sync. So for example, when a new user is created in ForumA, the user record is also written to ForumB.

You can learn about MySQL triggers here
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/c...igger.html
Triggers do sound interesting, never come across them personally. Would there be no way to hook into MyBB queries, check if it's updating a users table, if so switch database and update that database?
There are no hooks in the various files that are for the database class.