MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: While you were typing.... Installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I could have swore that I installed this mod/plugin correctly, but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there a tutorial or someone who can walk me through how to set it up in case I did it wrong?
You could activate it under plugins? Then it should work. The folder whiletyping goes into the inc/plugins thus you will have inc/plugins/whiletyping with 2 subfolders js and lang, the file whiletyping.php goes into inc/plugins

I installed it yesterday on 1.6.14 and it works. How did you test it? I tested it with 2 browsers and logging in with 2 different users.

1) Open the same thread with both browsers (new reply).
2) Write something with the first browser and click submit
3) Write something with the second browser and click submit

Now you should see a message on the header of the thread: "While you were typing, one new post was posted"

and the editor window containing your message should still be on the screen. You have to click submit again to post.
I didn't test it at all, I couldn't get it to show up as my plug ins, but I think you just told me why I didn't. So many of the other plug ins section out, so that's what I was doing with this one.... But it all goes under plug ins. haha. I knew it had to be something stupid I was doing wrong.

Thank you. I'll have to see if I can fix that then. Smile

Thank you for your help... I got it working. Smile