MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright.... I honestly don't know where to put this, normally I would just private message someone about it, but I have been requested to make threads and I'm certainly willing and able to respect that request.... So.... Here's my issue...

Yesterday I had trouble with my cookies and domain, I was shown a tutorial that walked me through it and I figured it out just fine, thanks to a nudge that is well appreciated... However.... Every time I clean out my browser cookies... It resets the site cookies from "/" to "/forums/" is there something I can do to fix that issue because I don't want to have to reset the site every time I clean out my cookies, and I certainly don't want to never clean out my cookies again.
First download a backup of your inc/settings.php file.

Next run this query in PHPMyAdmin
UPDATE mybb_settings SET value='/' WHERE name='cookiepath'

Then delete the /inc/settings.php file. THis makes sure it loads it from the database. The file will regenerate with the correct values.
Ok, you lost me.... Where am I finding PHPMyAdmin?
In your hosting panel ( CPanel ) most likely.
Ok. I've got it, but I think I'm more confused now than I was before. Sad

Do I run the query in the query window icon at the left?
Yes you do.
Ok good, I'm not totally lost in what I'm doing.

Alright, when I click it I get a pop up box, typed the information you told me to in the pop up box..... Then hit 'go' when I did it full screened with a pink strip across the top that reads.

"#1046 - No database selected"

Is that normal? Do I just press 'go' again?

Thank you dragonexpert. Smile Sorry for late reply, I got side tracked with other things, the problem is now solved. Smile