MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: converting database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im currently running simple machine boards and im wondering if theres a tool to convert from that database to mybb

and a side note.. while registered i got this

"Thank you for registering on %1$s, %2$s.

To complete your registration, check your email for account activation instructions. Until you activate your account you may not be able to post on these forums
"
not sure if thats a known error or fluke, or what.. just a heads up
As far as i am aware there is currently no converter for simple machines - mybb. As far as the "%1$s", this is a known bug as a result of a recent security patch.
Darren Wrote:As far as i am aware there is currently no converter for simple machines - mybb. As far as the "%1$s", this is a known bug as a result of a recent security patch.
I don't get what's up with those lately. Everyone keeps complaining about it. But for some reason, I patched my boards and never got this...
PheonixWarrior Wrote:
Darren Wrote:As far as i am aware there is currently no converter for simple machines - mybb. As far as the "%1$s", this is a known bug as a result of a recent security patch.
I don't get what's up with those lately. Everyone keeps complaining about it. But for some reason, I patched my boards and never got this...
Chances are the patch has been updated or you used one of the fixed patches that are about in a few topics.
no no, i wasn't complaining lol, i was just wondering if it was a known bug.. guess i should hvae searched that part before i posted.. sorry
That's ok. I had alot of trouble finding my way around too. Smile. Join the club.

Here: use this patch instead.

k776 Wrote:Yep, thanks Smile Just patched the myBB Planet board.

Edit: Oh dear. The code you gave makes member un-usable cause you forgot a .

Everyone, do this instead:

Manual Patch Instructions:

Line 1132 of member.php should read:
$query = $db->query("SELECT * FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."avatars WHERE uid='$uid'");
Change that to:
$query = $db->query("SELECT * FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."avatars WHERE uid='".intval($uid)."'");

That should fix it.
Or

http://mybboard.com/community/showthread...77#pid8677

In that post i attached an already fixed patched member.php.