MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CHMOD problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have a forum subaruwrxforums.com hope thisok to post but when i click on any of the forum it just links back to home page please help at my witts end with it

If this helps this comes up if this is the reason?

1 of the required files and directories do not have proper CHMOD settings. Please change the CHMOD settings to the ones specified with the file below. For more information on CHMODing, see the MyBB Wiki.
CHMOD Files and Directories
File Location
Configuration File ./inc/config.php Not Writable
Please CHMOD to 777.

Any body please help
Thank you dragon expert so do i need to edit the core file then?
You only need access to the FTP details.
not sure what to edit in there tho

I know how to access the ftp but what am i editing
still have no help here tried everything
^ given link (post #2) should be sufficient. if further guidance required then please see this
In Filezilla (FTP client), you can browse to the inc directory. Find the settings.php file, right click, and select "file permissions". Check all of the permissions except for "write" in the "public" row.
i dont have filezilla do i need to download it then is ther no easy way to sort this?
(2014-08-06, 10:54 PM)bigtoys67 Wrote: [ -> ]i dont have filezilla do i need to download it then is ther no easy way to sort this?

I would recommend installing it, unless you have another FTP client already on your computer?