MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.8] Using MyBB Modals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sorry if this is an old post, but could this be used for this:

When you click login, it pops up in a modal but have a tab for registration? OR can you have it so when people click Register, it pops up in a modal? This mod was uploaded in 2012, so it probably doesn't work on 1.8: http://mods.mybb.com/view/jquery-login-register-box or this one was last updated in 2013: http://mods.mybb.com/view/jquery-login-register-v2

Anyway to do that mod for 1.8?
bookmark it Smile
Hi, how can I show automatically a modal with my text alert?

When a user opens Forum id 5, for example, he looks modal with an alert text (with my description of the rules about exchange votes for competitions).

Thank you in advance!
Deb, try adding the modal markup (like it is for the guest header) at the top of the page (with an id of RulesModal ) and add

div#RulesModal {
    display: block!important;
}

to your css

Of course, this will give you a permanent modal....
(2015-08-23, 04:28 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Deb, try adding the modal markup (like it is for the guest header) at the top of the page (with an id of RulesModal ) and add

div#RulesModal {
    display: block!important;
}

to your css

Of course, this will give you a permanent modal....

It didn't work Sad Rules were always without modal, I don't know.

I have messed up something and now works also without style, but I don't know if code is ok and still no tried on other browsers:

<div id="RulesModal" style="display: none;">
  {$rules}
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
 $(function() {
    $("#RulesModal").modal(
		{ fadeDuration: 500, keepelement: true });
  });
</script>

when I open the section of the forum I have my modal box Big Grin
how do I get the modal to appear with the custom login buttons that I have other than it making a new set of buttons?
Pages: 1 2 3