MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: sug: parse mycode before parse smilies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says, my suggestion it to parse MyCode before parsing smilies. Currently, smilies are first parsed and the mycode is. The idea of this suggestion is due to the following: the codes of the smilies can be very different while the codes of mycode are fixed (i know that it is possible to create custom mycode, but it isn't as usual as adding new smilies with whatever codes).

The fact is that it is very possible that the codes of similies use some characters that confict with standar mycode. For example, consider the following hypothetical post:
[b]Bla bla bla:[/b] bla bla bla....
[b]Ble ble ble:[/b] ble ble ble...
It works perfectly in a just-installed MyBB forum, however as soon as the admins add the code
:[
to the smilies (as you know, it's messenger's bat), the post is broken. It no longer will display the correct words in bold, in that example. And it is very common to put the colon just before the bracket ("....:[/b....").

That's why i suggest to parse first mycode and then the smilies. Thanks.
If this is what happens (I can't test it right now) then I agree with this!
yeah, for example, this code:
[b]asdf:[/b]asfedasdf [b]more bold[/b] asdasd
[b]asdf:[/b]asfedasdf [b]more bold[/b] asdasd

may appear as this (changing the Sad with the proper smilie of the code ":[" ) :

asdfSad/b]asfedasdf [b]more bold asdasd
asdfSad/b]asfedasdf [b]more bold asdasd