MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Protecting My MyBB theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

how I can protect my MyBB theme ? Propably there is no way to fully protect it , but any basic protection would be good , thanks
(2014-08-05, 08:24 AM)Superbuu Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

how I can protect my MyBB theme ? Propably there is no way to fully protect it , but any basic protection would be good , thanks

You mean from being ripped?
Ultimately you really can't. Even if you disable right clicks on a page, a person still could technically get the source.
Today it's very hardd to do something like that, you can minimize and do some more things on jscripts or css or entire code can be re done but finally many users can use many tools to get your entire content so if you want to do this it's more dificult than you have to hide content and more easy to see contents if your site is on the net xD.

The only way to do that is to not use a net conection, use a VPN and only share with your users xD, but your site don't have to stay on internet because on that way can be ripped unfortunatelly.
Yeah I mean from being ripped
I guess there is no hope then Sad

Thanks for your answers guys
(2014-08-06, 07:10 AM)Superbuu Wrote: [ -> ]I guess there is no hope then

It may be true for just theme alone (css with default template design)
but more template design departing from the default original, more plugins there are and other mods,
it gets more complex to reassemble it properly from rip back into usable template format.
At some point reassembling template bits may be harder than just simply making it from scratch. Its not static html at all.
And if you additionaly process output before sending to browser, 'compressing' it with various techniques which
decrease readibility, you may make someone who will try to rip it to lose his hairs.