MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: This is my third time installing myBB however first time with problems :\
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My last two hosts worked perfectly with myBB however this one is causing me nothing but pain... Starting with the error message:

[Image: ouch3.jpg]

So I check the database I made:
[Image: ouch2.jpg]
Everything looks ok

What I entered in when installing
[Image: 123.jpg]

I have no clue what to do next so I thought maybe you guys could help me through this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
what I would do is to replace the 'localhost' with the 'mysql.tona.us' (or whatever it is since I can't quite make clear of it).....the localhost is sometimes so relative term that it is better to use direct server-address instead

Cheers,
kimmo
Nice! It worked.

Thanks dude. ;x
I'm having the same issues myself. But for some reason, when I put mysql.domain.com it's still not working. =/ Is this something I would have to take up with my host?

Thanks in advance.
are you sure that your mysql-dbase is in mysql.domain.com and they do not mean mysql.(insert your domain-name-here).com ?
Who is your host?

cheers,
Kimmo
My site is hosted on madsims.net... I tried entering mysql.madsims.net and it wasn't working. =/ I'm not sure why localhost won't work... it seems to be running fine with Invision Board. I checked the config on that one, and it was localhost.
well since localhost is only an alias, you could try with 127.0.0.1
can't harm really! Smile
unless your host tells you that all your mysql-databases are sitting on a different server, which is not unusual however unlikely if you say the IPB is working with 'localhost' in the same webspace
maybe the whizkids here can help because I don't know really much more short of asking your host to tell you the exact ip-address for the server where the mySQL sits in.

cheers,
kimmo
oh just remember what you could also do....if you have access to phpMyAdmin for your mySQL-databases...just go there and after logging in, on the front page it should say something like:

Quote:Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.6.0-pl3

MySQL 4.1.9-log running on xxxx.xxxxx.xxx as [email protected]
where the xxxx-thingy would be the servername you could use.... don't worry about the version# as they vary by host anyway and what they have installed...

cheers,
kimmo
Hmm it doesn't even show the server name on phpadmin, just localhost. O_o This is what it says:

MySQL 4.0.22-standard running on localhost as cosplayp@localhost

I've also tried contacting my host, but he's not responding (it's been about a week and a half or so). I'm not sure what's going on. Gah. This is frustrating.
If you specify 'localhost' as the hostname it should work then. cosplap is your database username, your password you should know, and you should create a database for MyBB
Pages: 1 2