MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple registration with single email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since last one week multiple accounts are registered using same email id in my forum. I have already disabled the option to register multiple accounts using same email id from admin cp-> user registration and profile option. It might be due to 'Myfacebook connect'. I have enabled the option to register through facebook. If its due to MyFb connect plugin, is there anyway to fix this error. could anybody help me on this issue?

My forum address: http://www.civilforum.in/
is settings.php file writable ? you can check it at bottom of tools & maintenance section in admin panel
(2014-08-06, 06:09 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]is settings.php file writable ? you can check it at bottom of tools & maintenance section in admin panel

Yes. It shows the following message in tools and maintenance section> All of the required files and directories have the proper CHMOD settings
^ I've tried registering (normal process) with your email address & the system has not allowed.
IIRC, such issue is not reported for MyFacebook Connect plugin. needs checking ..
(2014-08-06, 07:25 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ I've tried registering (normal process) with your email address & the system has not allowed.
IIRC, such issue is not reported for MyFacebook Connect plugin. needs checking ..

yupe. It blocks multiple registration with same email id if an user register through normal mybb registration method. But two or more account is getting registered while registering through myfacebook connect plugin.
(2014-08-06, 11:36 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]See this: https://github.com/Shade-/MyFacebook-Connect/issues/29

Yes bro. It checks the email database and links the Facebook ID with the matched user and login them instead of registering. But when they register through MFC, two or more accounts are getting created. One account with his FB username and another account with his email id/username the user choose while registration. While checking the users email id in admin cp, all those accounts have same email id.
I'll do some testing, but this should not happen as the registration process happens just once, and should not handle multiple users.

Using the latest version from GitHub and I can't reproduce the error you are getting.
(2014-08-06, 05:18 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]I'll do some testing, but this should not happen as the registration process happens just once, and should not handle multiple users.

Using the latest version from GitHub and I can't reproduce the error you are getting.

I'm currently using version 2.0.1. Let me upgrade it to 2.0.2. After upgrade, I will post the result here.
Even after upgrading the MFC plugin version, still the problem exist. Additionally i got following errors while the user trying to register with MFC,

1. While Redirecting from facebook page to forum, it asks to choose username and after entering the username, it again redirects to the same page and shows the error that the username is already exist. If we cancel it and reload while this error is shown, the user will be redirected to home page and registration will be completed successfully. In case if we choose another username, it ll register that username too with the same email id and redirect to home page. I think this is why users are getting registered with two or more different username which has been linked with same email id.

2. Even though the users choose the option to synchronize their details from facebook like gender, avatar,etc while registration, it didn't synchronize those details.

3. After upgrade to 2.0.2, Users are not getting welcome PM with random password.

Because of this bunch of errors, i decided to uninstall MFC. If you fix these errors or find any alternative plugin to login/register through facebook, kindly let me know. Thank you.
Pages: 1 2