MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cloudflare minification of JS CSS HTML yea/ney?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have always left these checked, but wondering if they could be causing any issues...

Does the minification of these cause any conflicts with myBB?

Regards
only noticed problems with cloudflares minifying when rocketloader was enabled, but seen no issues with rocketloader off.
In theory, minifying should make it load a lot faster. Just try it and do some testing to make sure everything still works as expected.
(2014-08-07, 07:04 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]In theory, minifying should make it load a lot faster. Just try it and do some testing to make sure everything still works as expected.

Not really what I'd call 'a lot' but combined with other optimizations and you'll surely notice a better page load time, but minification alone won't help that much unless you have tons of CSS/JS loading, in which case I'd look into optimizing what you're including.
(2014-08-07, 07:06 PM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-07, 07:04 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]In theory, minifying should make it load a lot faster. Just try it and do some testing to make sure everything still works as expected.

Not really what I'd call 'a lot' but combined with other optimizations and you'll surely notice a better page load time, but minification alone won't help that much unless you have tons of CSS/JS loading, in which case I'd look into optimizing what you're including.

Knocking that extra 50-100KB off does help a lot, especially if you're using a mobile device.
Wouldn't minify the html, I've had bugs on that quite a lot of times (Like the report post, the window after you've added rep etc)
Also to add to it, for rocketloader you might notice that you don't need to sort any JS such as putting jQuery under all the prototype things but do it anyways because rockerloader will sometimes fail and you'll notice it messing everything up.
(2014-08-07, 06:01 PM)p00lz Wrote: [ -> ]only noticed problems with cloudflares minifying when rocketloader was enabled, but seen no issues with rocketloader off.

Just a quick note that Minify and Rocket Loader are entirely separate features & provide different functions. Rocket Loader would not impact Minify, but could impact JavaScript or jQuery functions on your site (a common theme I see here, for example, is that it can break the visual editor).

Our Minify feature is generally pretty conservative, because we don't want to break something, but you can have issues if you're running two services that minify at the same time.