MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP Warning: unable to create a temporary file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB was working for 2 years straight and now all of a sudden the image attachment does not attach images. The following describes what happens

1) I choose file
2) Click "add attchment"
3) Page refreshes
4) I scroll back down and it looks as if nothing has happened, no error, nothing
6) I navigate through cpanel to the error log and I get the following message

PHP Warning: File upload error - unable to create a temporary file in Unknown on line 0

Setup Info:
Info:
PHP version 5.3
I have upload filesize set to 64M
session.save_path /tmp
Permissions on tmp are 777
Cpanel (Linux operating system - I am very bad with linux)

----------------------------------------------------------
PHP.ini file settings

upload_max_filesize = 128M
post_max_size = 128M
memory_limit = 128M
upload_tmp_dir = /home/enterthe/public_html/tmp
max_execution_time = 360
extension=mcrypt.so
short_open_tag = on
extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so
------------------------------------------------

Any help would be appreciated at this point! If you use bitcoin, I'd gladly reward the winning answer with a beer. I have wrecked my brain over this.
If youre ussing linux try to upload an image file to your ftp location and try to see on your explorer if all is fine you have some file config dismiss. But i think its on folder permissions becausr you have to set via terminal xD. I have some troubles until i set on this way my permissions xD.

If wont is this you have to review your host configuration.
It seems like you have access to the server since you have the php configuration? Check your /tmp folder, maybe it's full. Sometimes this folder is mounted as a separate partition. Do a df -h in the terminal and post it here.
Sorry for the late reply. I am really new to using cpanel - not exactly sure how to access terminal.

Hi dark neo:
I am not sure if this is relevant information but in regards to this " f youre ussing linux try to upload an image file to your ftp location and try to see on your explorer if all is fine"

I have a wordpress installation and I am able to upload files through wordpress easily.

Spork985, how do I access terminal? **sorry just googled it, i will post the the df -h dump**

(I am really awful with linux) so i logged in via putty and when i type df -h i get
"df: cannot read table of mounted file systems: No such file or director"

When I type ls i see the tmp folder listed and when I try cd /tmp/ and I get the following message
-bash: cd: /tmp/: permission denied
Bump? anyone have any ideas ?
Were you logged in as root when you ran these commands?