MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: i wanna move domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i wanted to move domain but wanted to keep all my posts members etc , so i made a copy of my directory to my computer then got a copy of the database and saved also to my pc i then uploaded the directory to the new domain server and installed it then inported the old database into the new one and everything was there but everything was defaced and white

im VERY new to all of this and thought this may of worked ... any suggestions?
1) Check your inc/config.php to make sure the database credentials are correct on your new host
2) Make sure your files are chmod'ed to 775
3) Make sure your new domain is set up correctly, edit the mybb_settings table and change the value for bburl and cookie domain. Delete your inc/settings.php file and allow the software to create a new one by refreshing the page.
(2014-08-08, 01:58 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]1) Check your inc/config.php to make sure the database credentials are correct on your new host
2) Make sure your files are chmod'ed to 775
3) Make sure your new domain is set up correctly, edit the mybb_settings table and change the value for bburl and cookie domain. Delete your inc/settings.php file and allow the software to create a new one by refreshing the page.

thank you i will try it now